Valentine’s day is just around the corner, so we thought that it was only appropriate to gather up a few recipes to celebrate the day. We have begun a search for some ideas for dinner and dessert for you to share with the ones you love.
I don’t know about you, but I always think of pasta as a romantic dinner. Maybe I watched “Lady and the Tramp” too many times as a child, but I know that I’m not alone in thinking that pasta dishes are romantic. Here are a few recipe selections from around the web that I thought might be nice for Valentine’s Day.
- Shrimp in Love Pasta–This recipe for Kraft Foods is very creamy and delicate. It was featured on their site a few years ago as the perfect Valentine’s dinner for your sweetheart.
- Baked Shrimp and Shells–This is similar to the first selection, but is baked in a casserole dish instead.
- Garlic Cheese Spaghetti Squash–A very good choice if you or your Valentine are watching carbs.
Any of these pasta dishes served with a delicious salad would make a delicious and well balanced meal.
Of course, no romantic dinner is complete without dessert. I think that chocolate is the perfect solution, so I have selected four chocolate dessert ideas for finishing off your meal.
- Chocolate Fondue–What can be more fun than dipping pieces of fruit or pound cake in molten chocolate fudge. You can even feed your sweetheart.
- Chocolate Souffle–We haven’t made this one yet, but it’s a priority according to my daughter who recently ate her first fondue at a Oggi’s one evening.
- If you’re looking for something a little healthier, try this recipe for Black Bean fudge
- Brownies made with black beans are a healthier choice, too.
If you want something that isn’t chocolate, this recipe for a pink lemonade bundt cake looks delicious, or you can check out this list of Valentine’s day treats. These recipes are so simple that you can even make them with your kids.
We hope that you like our suggestions. What is your idea of a perfect romantic dinner? Leave a comment below and let us know.