With only twelve days left until NaNoWriMo begins things are starting to heat up in NaNo-Land. If you haven’t decided to join us on this year’s word round up it’s not too late.
First some definitions so we are speaking the same language:
WriMo – noun, a person who participates in NaNoWriMo
YWP – NaNoWriMo for K – 12 students, where they set an appropriate word goal for their age and skill level.
Planner – a WriMo who plans out their novel, amount of planning varies with each individual
Pantser – a WriMo who just starts writing on Nov. 1st with no idea of where they are going and just let the story happen.
So what do you do during the remaining days until 12:01 AM Nov. 1, 2014?
- Sign up for NaNoWriMo or YWP-NaNoWrimo.
- Set up your Novel on the site
- Join a region, we’re USA :: California :: San Bernardino
- Check out the region’s Google calendar to see if there are any events you want to attend and add do your personal calendar
- Attend the NaNoWriMo Kick-off and information event on Oct 25, 2014 the Fieldheim Library in San Bernardino
- (Pantsers you may skip this one) Prepare for writing
- Character charts
- Plot outlines
- Research, as necessary.
- Get up at 11:45 PM on Oct 31, 2014 and stand by.
- At 12:01 AM Nov 1, 2014 head out on the trail and start writing.
Remember High Desert WriMos were are gathering at High Desert Book Oasis on Nov 1 to celebrate and encourage each other as we start down the dusty trail toward 50,000 words by 11:59 Nov 31, 2014.
Next week – defining plot bunnies and other NaNoLand denizens.