Just six more days until our Blogging Workshop…
Will you be there to learn how to optimize your current blog? Have you started a blog but not really sure how to keep it going strong? Does your blog seem to bog down?
Get some great techniques, network with others, and become a more confident blogger with a plan. At the BlogStorm 2012 workshop you’ll be among four blogging entrepreneurs who can help you:
* design your blog
* organize your next ideas
* get resources to propel your blog to the next level
* drive more traffic to your blog
Just scroll down or click over to BlogStorm 2012 page and sign up. Pay now and guarantee your place. Seats are limited.
So, if you’ve thought long and hard but just don’t know how to start your blog, you’ll get hands-on help to get you blogging up a storm of informative posts, and networking with High Desert’s best.
Blogstorm Workshop, Hesperia
Date: Saturday, March 31, 2012 Time: 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Place: Holiday Inn Express, Hesperia Cost: $70.00
Opportunity to network your blog/business/product/service at workshop. Exciting blog critique sessions planned. You will learn how to:
- find your niche
- start a blog for personal or business,
- drive traffic to your blog,
- make money blogging.
Contact Angie at email@example.com for more information.
If your goal is to communicate clearly while sharing your
knowledge with others, then why would you want to obscure your message with a
flourish of too much creativity? Yes, too much is just as bad as not enough.
Just because you know how to download, cut and paste, and
write like an expert, doesn’t really mean all of your skills belong on one web
page… all at once. READ MORE »
Are you a High Desert entrepreneur interested in starting a blog for your business? Advertise your business by blogging about it. Don’t have a blog but want to learn? It’s easy to learn. There are three basic keys to start blogging:
- Setting up a blog
- Sitting down and blogging
- Drawing traffic to your blog
When you set up a blog, it’s good to know the purpose of your blog. Do you only want to blog as a hobby, or do you want to make money through blogging? If you decide it’s a hobby, choose a free blog. If for money, self host your blog.
Once your blog is set up, sit down and blog. You already have a niche to blog about. It’s what you do for a living and maybe even a hobby that you’ve turned into cash flow. Blog about it.
Blog often, and connect to other bloggers who are interested in your type of service. The purpose of blogging is to gain readers so that they will learn about your product or your service. An entrepreneur needs a blog with traffic, readers who are interested in what you have to say whether it’s information, a product, or whatever your niche is.
Want to learn more about how to start a blog? The Meetup group High Desert Bloggers meet the last Saturday of every month at Bodacious Bundts in Hesperia. Join the group for free, meet other bloggers, and find answers to your blogging questions. If you are interested in one-on-one blog coaching or a blog workshop, contact Angie at High Desert Blogging.
Need help with your blog? Ever get discouraged trying to learn how to blog or learn how to make money with your blog? Does it seem like it will take years to reach your blogging goals?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you can benefit from the type of blogging group I joined. Look up http://Meetup.com for blogging groups in your area. Join the group and participate. The High Desert Bloggers Meetup group members meet every month to discuss blogging topics and share effective blogging tips. It helps to share blogging experience with other bloggers.
Maybe you don’t feel like you blog as well as other bloggers. Blogging can seem overwhelming if you focus on all the things you should do to become a successful blogger. So just focus on the next step from your list of goals. This is when it helps to participate in a group such as High Desert Bloggers. Each time is a motivating session, and we set goals on what we want to accomplish.
Stay focused. Never give up. Be determined to meet your goals. How? Surround yourself with positive-minded people who also want to be successful with their blogs. It’s really simple. You can do anything you set your mind to. Don’t allow negative words to distract you from going forward in developing the kind of blog you want. Blogging takes time and effort, but what in life that matters doesn’t take time and effort?
What does a newbie blogger need to know before blogging?
- Purpose for blogging. Do you intend to make money through your blog? Or do you only want to use your blog as a hobby? If you want to make money at blogging, you must be dedicated. Blog often and be persistent at it. Patience will help you stay focused on your purpose. On the other hand, if you want to blog about random subjects just because you like to write, then you may want to have a blog as a hobby. Then it doesn’t matter if you aren’t making money through your blog. Nor does it matter if you don’t have much traffic coming to your blog. But who would want to blog without ever receiving a comment?
- Blogging niche. Once you know your blog purpose, determine what your niche will be. You might consider starting more than one blog. For instance, if you are into health and fitness plus you love interior decorating, two blogs would probably be a good idea if you have the time for two. I say focus one subject to begin with.
- Blogging rules. According to Directory Aviva on Blogger Law, there are certain rules a blogger should know. A couple of examples you should know rules for are using photos and being paid for writing blog posts. Use your own photos, and you won’t have a problem. Respect the rules when you use others’ photos. For more information about using others’ photos and what you should know about writing paid blog posts, see Directory Aviva on Blogger Law. The information is helpful to know.
- How to go about starting a blog. I like WordPress.org for a self-hosted plan and recommend BM2hosting.com to start a blog for making money (and you can have a WordPress blog through BM2 Hosting). But to blog as a hobby, I like Blogger.com because it’s easy to use and a good way to learn.
Those are a few tips on getting started with your blogging. When I started blogging, I didn’t know anything about it. I spent much time reading about blogging but have found that the best way to learn is to blog.
Has blogging shown up on your New Year’s resolutions list? It’s easy to make resolutions, but how can we make them become realities? Try the following tips:
- Write down each blogging resolution for 2012.
- Now put each resolution in order. Be practical and realistic about what you think you can accomplish. However, a dream becomes real when you set goals to bring it to pass.
- Make another list. On this list write down how you will make the blogging resolutions turn into realities. For example, if you are a newbie blogger and you want to make money blogging, make money blogging would be written as one of your blogging resolutions. Then you will list the ways that you can turn your blog into money like set up a payment option on your blog to offer a product for sale.
- Find others who are interested in the same subject that you blog about. Follow their blogs. Comment on their blogs.
- If you haven’t already set up your blog, get your domain and hosting plan first. I recommend BM2 Hosting for purchasing your domain and hosting plan.
- Publish your blog. Blog.
Set blogging goals for 2012.
Have you felt overwhelmed at starting your blog and finding the niche you want to blog about? You read and read about how to start a blog and find 4, 7, 9 or however many tips on blogging successfully. There is so much to read about blogging – helpful, informative tips, too – but a blogger can easily get bogged down just by reading. We can read so many good blogging information that we’re filled to the brim with information but spend our time reading about blogging and not actually blogging. So start with goals for this next year. Write down what you want to accomplish with your blogging. Blogger Cindy Eubanks offers a workshop to help individuals develop a creative plan for their dreams and goals.
Focus on writing good content.
Need to improve your writing? Join a writers’ group. Take a copy writing course. For more information on copy writing tips and classes, contact Rusty LaGrange at http://www.AFlairForWords.com.
How often should you blog? That depends on you. Often for you may be three times a week. Blog as much as you can to see positive results on drawing traffic to your blog. Try three times a week. If that isn’t working, then blog more. The goal should be to have traffic coming to your blog.
Meet people in your community. Involve your community by interviewing and blogging about them. Invite guest bloggers to blog for you. Include social media networking. Follow other blogs of your interest, and leave comments (just be careful not to leave spam-type comments.)
One of the things a successful blogger does is blog consistently – even on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The nice thing is that you can schedule your blog posts to publish the next day or the next week. Did I schedule this one early? No, I started it late on Christmas Eve and am completing the post on Christmas Day though I do schedule posts for later. I was explaining to a friend at a holiday gathering this evening how that this blog is about people that have businesses in the High Desert. When you think about the approximately 800,000 people in the greater High Desert area, word of mouth only would take a long time to get around. But word of mouth travels much faster through a blogging network.
My friend mentioned how people could learn how to do things they’ve wanted to know how to do but never knew anyone who could teach them. Like gardening for instance. Or like milking a cow, churning butter, drinking chilled raw milk, or like using a spinning wheel to make yarn for knitting. For example, you could look up spinning wheel on the Internet and order one. However, do you know anyone who has a spinning wheel in your community, someone who teaches you how to use the spinning wheel?
Get the word out about crafts that you know about and could teach. Blog about it so people in your area can connect with you and take a class on the craft that you teach. Have questions on blogging? Ask us about our blogging workshops coming up in 2012.