Schedule half of a day to do some vintage shopping on Route 66 the next time you take a trip from LA to Las Vegas. After you go through the Ontario and Rancho Cucamonga area on the I-15 North, look for the Kenwood exit just after the 15 and 215 merges. Turn left at the stop sign, go under the 15, and take the old Route 66. One side of the road is not used for the main traffic. Notice the Route 66 signs on the pavement (makes fun photos for a trip). Continue driving on the Kenwood route until you get back on the 15 North toward Las Vegas. When you reach Victorville, exit on Hwy. 18 toward Oro Grande where there are vintage shops and more to see.
Things to see and do in Oro Grande
- Shop at Linda Marie’s Enchanted Treasures – a cottage with vintage and antique finds indoors and outdoors. The outdoors is like a mini village. Lovely Linda Marie will welcome you.
- Shop at Antique Station next to Linda Marie’s Enchanted Treasures. You need an hour or two to browse through this shop of antiques, curios and memorabilia.
- Cross Eyed Cow Pizza, 19242 National Trails Hwy., Oro Grande, CA ( a great pizza place – they even have a special pizza in honor of Ms. Linda Marie next door)
- Bottle Tree Ranch
Things to do in Victorville near the 15
- When you come back toward the 15, if you have time, stop by the Route 66 Museum. It’s a fun place to visit.
- One more awesome little shop on 7th Street close to the museum is Santa Fe Trading Company with a unique southwest style. It’s definitely worth the visit.